Wednesday 4 January 2012

2011 Recap: Work

It's never too late to wish everyone A Very Happy 2012 right? well at least better late than never.. That’s what I’ve been told.

Since we had consecutive long weekends, I believe that most people took a looooong (notice the long ‘o’s?) break from work and definitely the new year celebration varies with one another..Owh how much I wish that I could never be bothered with applying leave.

Good riddance, we finally could move on from 2011 to 2012. For certain people every day is a new day. However it’s not the case for me. Frankly I’m kind of looking forward to jump into another year although I’ll never know what awaits me for another 365 days (366 days in 2012).

Overall I’d say 2011 gave me quite an impact in my life. Sweet and memorable things happened as well as shits that happened. Nevertheless, wise man says that things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember. So I guess shits could be sweet as well. Depends on your taste bud.

Just a little recap of what happened in my life as a working professional in 2011. Apparently 2011 didn’t start off well for me. Since I was serving the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in particular the Consular Division, so every disaster that happens in the world is a disaster for me. It started with earthquake near japan and later the one in USA. Nothing serious at that time but yeah we were put on alarmed.

However things get interesting when it turned from a natural disaster to political crisis. From Tunisia to Egypt then without being given a time to breath we were alarmed with an earthquake in New Zealand and later one of the major disaster was the major earthquake in Japan which has spawned a ferocious tsunami.

All this disaster happened between January – March and I was basically on-call 24/7. I barely had my long weekend during last Chinese New Year. WTF for a start of a New Year right? My first 3 months of 2011 were full with disasters all over the world.

Out of the disaster, due to all of the hard work, titik peluh dan air mata (too dramatic eh?) I rewarded myself with an expensive watch. I called it my ‘Crisis Watch lol..but what the heck..i lost count on how many times I spend on duty at the operation room from 6pm-9am (mostly I went out at 10am). So I vehemently believed that I of all people deserved an expensive watch.


Things got on interesting turn in June. I was part of the Accommodation Committee for Langkawi International Dialogue representing my Division. I was tasked to handle the accommodation for the Secretariat in Pullman Putrajaya. It was not easy tasked though because the number of secretariat was huuuuuge and I have to settle the issue of rooms under booking with the hotel. I was practically alone there because my committee members were segregated to various hotel and I was in Pullman all by myself handling hundreds of secretariat while my colleague handled 10 delegates at most?

However credits should be given to them since they did give me assistance on the issue but mostly it was left to me and Miss Alia, the sales rep. Nasib kau cun. I spent 11 to 14 days in Pullman. Apart from the stresses of the work I can consider the long stay as a paid break from the office. Yeah, I kind of enjoyed my time there although it was not an easy task. Cantik kan hotel ni?


The most significant turn in my life happened on the day when I supposed to check out from the hotel. Yeaaaaay I got a transfer order. Alhamdulillah after waiting for 7 months I finally got the chance to move out from Wisma Putra. Good riddance!! Well just say that I was not born to do diplomatic service. You might enjoyed it but not me. So moving on..

Overall I am very happy with where I am right. Im supposed to be happy so I have to be happy with my work. I cant demand for a stress free environment of Mr-Know-It-All kind of work so yeah I have to make do with what I have.

My new year resolution for 2012 in terms of work would be as following;

  • To stick with the current workplace for the whole year (I’ve been jumping places since 2009).


  • To learn and master my portfolios


  • Come to work regularly (lol who wouldn’t?)

    Oh Tuhan permudahkanlah jalan hamba-Mu ini..may this year be more interesting than last year

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...