Friday 6 January 2012

Mitsubishi Lancer VS Honda Civic

Why Lancer?

I haven’t came across anyone who asked me why did I picked Lancer over Inspira just yet. But somehow I'm expecting such question though some are honest but some will speak in jest. Surely there are other cars of the same segment with Hojhiro such as Civic,Altis, Inspira(?) or cars of the same price like Polo or 308 Turbo. However for my new beast, I have narrowed my option between Civic FD2 and Lancer (GT or Sportback)


Reason #1 Exterior wise: I always love the way Lancer GT looks. The jet fighter front grill with a shark-like nose is simply handsome. I also fell in love with Civic but Civic alone cannot satisfy my hunger for a handsome looking car that looks as if it crawls on the street because I know I will convert the exterior (front & rear bumper + spoiler) into FD2R which will cost me a fortune. On the other hand Lancer GT on its stock like is simply mesmerizing in my eyes.
[Result: Lancer 1 – Civic 0]

Reason #2 Complaints & Issues: There are no perfect cars in this world whether its Proton, Perodua, Honda or Toyota… (you can name it all). Please stop fantasizing a perfect car. Even a Merc or Beamer has its own issues. But surely when you are about to spend more than RM100k for a car, you have every reason to be picky. I’ve checked Civic’s Owner Forum and compared with Lancer’s Owner Forum on issues and complaints of respective cars. I found that Civic are prone to issues with regards to its steering rack, braking issues as well as frequent change on its wear and tear. Yes you are reading it right; Wear and Tear which means you’ll have to spend more on its maintenance. I don’t like the idea of having a problematic car that prone to breakdown. Meanwhile Lancer may have complaints on CVT but other than that the complaints are minor and nothing as serious as braking issues. My conclusion is that Honda is overrated and some of the owner regretted buying thet car.
[Result: Lancer 2 – Civic 0]

Reason #3 Maintenance: The maintenance of both cars is high for me as compared to my previous love. Both cars more or less require the same periodic inspection with more or less the same price. Nothing significant although you may find complaints on Honda Customer Service at their Service Centre while Mitsubishi in EON Centre (EON is no longer the authorised service centre for Mitsubishi)
[Result: Draw Lancer 2 – Civic 0]

Reason #4 Fuel Consumption: The most determining factor for all or at least for most of us. Civic is more economic comparing to Lancer. Although lower in fuel consumption, I'm comparing an apple with an apple. If you are comparing fuel economic cars like Myvii with Civic then Myvii is a definite winner.
[Result: Lancer 2 – Civic 1]

Reason #5 Interior and Gadgets: Lancer is simple in terms of its cabin with moderate gadgets (Rain Sensor, auto light, auto cruise) as compared to Civic. But this are all personal liking. I personally prefer Lancer’s cabin because its all black without any hints of beige like Civic. I don't like smudges on my car. In terms of cabin size, you’ll be surprised that Civic is smaller than Lancer.
[Result: Lancer 3 – Civic 1]

Reason #6 Noise,Vibration and Handling: Yes Lancer is one noisy car with an obvious vibration maybe due to its tyre profile. Lancer is a performance car unlike Civic which is catered for comfortable ride and handling (from my reading). I cant comment on handling of Civic since I never test drive the car.
[Result: Lancer 3 – Civic 2]

Reason #7 Wow Factor: Lancer WAS an easy winner but thanx to Inspira, it becomes common these days. But hey the Wow Factor is still on Lancer for me.
[Result: Lancer 4 – Civic 2]

Reason #8 The Perfect Car: Well on this you have to tepuk dada Tanya selera. How do you interpret the car on YOU not any plain Joe? I could see myself on Civic as a working professional with a hint of moderate fun seeking. Lancer meanwhile looks notorious and wild. Lancer on me doesn’t reflect too much on me as a working professional but it suits me in terms of attention seeking looks and reflect myself on its young but mature(debatable) as well as a fun seeker.
[Result: Lancer 5 – Civic 2]

Isn’t it obvious that Lancer is the winner? Actually I tried my best to find every good reason to make Lancer as the winner. Tepuk dada sampai terbahak tanya selera yang tetap pada Lancer.

2 comments:

  1. Personally ,,my favourite still goes to civic ,since civic has a very high second vlue in 2nd car market , yup ,,it is subjective ,but after all i considered ,,i have ro choose civic ,,interm of finacial and my style ,,because u dunt kno wats going to happen next ,so just try play safe ,,,haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...